Broccoli is known as a powerhouse vegetable. Why? It is one of the best sources of indole-3 carbinol, a plant-based compound that is associated with reduced cancer risk. Broccoli is also a rich source of vitamin C and folate. The oranges give a new flavor to “every day” steamed broccoli.
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons expeller pressed canola oil
- 4 cups broccoli florets, steamed
- ½ cup orange sections
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Add orange rind, orange juice, honey, black pepper, salt and crushed red pepper to canola oil.
- Add steamed broccoli florets, orange sections, green onions and sesame seeds.
- Four servings
Nutritional Information per serving:
- 128 calories, 2 grams protein, 8 grams fat,12 grams carbohydrate,
- 2 grams fiber, 164 milligrams sodium