Fall is here and seasonal drinks are upon us! Try this warm, comforting drink that also includes lots of health benefits such as reducing inflammation.
Recipe and photo courtesy of eatingwell.com
· 1 cup unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk beverage
· 1 tablespoon grated fresh turmeric
· 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup or honey
· 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
· Pinch of ground pepper
· 1 pinch ground cinnamon for garnish
1. Combine milk, turmeric, maple syrup (or honey), ginger, and pepper in a blender. Then process on high until very smooth, about 1 minute.
2. Pour into a small saucepan and heat over medium-high heat until steaming hot but not boiling.
3. Transfer to a mug. Garnish with a sprinkle of cinnamon, if desired.