PITAYA AGUA FRESCA
Recipe and photo adapted from the recipe blog at mondaycampaigns.org
· 3 fresh pitayas (dragon fruit)
· 6 cups water
· ½ cup cane sugar or agave
· 2 limes
1. The first step is to cut the pitayas in half and scoop out the flesh with a spoon. Then, add the pulp to a blender along with the lime juice, sweetener of choice, and 3-4 cups of water.
2. Next, blend the mixture on high until no chunks of fruit remain, then pour the mixture into a jar or pitcher. Add the rest of the water and stir. Taste and adjust the sweetener to your preferences.
3. Lastly, place in your fridge to chill for a few hours, or serve your agua de pitahaya immediately over ice with lime, lemon, or more pitaya wedges