When spring rolls around, fresh veggies and fruits are a refreshing treat! This simple salad mix is a tasteful combination to enjoy as a meal or appetizer.
STRAWBERRY SALAD WITH BASIL, ARUGULA, AND BLACK RICE
Recipe and photo adapted from the recipe blog at feastingathome.com
· 4 cups cooked black rice (can sub wild rice, quinoa, or farro)
· 1 pound strawberries, stemmed and quartered
· 4 scallions- sliced
· 1/4 cup basil ribbons
· 1/2 cup chopped Italian parsley
· 3 ounces arugula (two big handfuls)
· Optional: 1/4–1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese, 1/4 cup
toasted nuts (slivered almonds, pecans, or maple pecans)
· 1/4 cup olive oil
· 2 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
· 1 tablespoon maple syrup
· 1/2 tsp salt and pepper, more to taste.
1. Place black rice, strawberries, scallions, and Italian parsley in a bowl.
2. Pour dressing ingredients over top and toss well. Season with salt and pepper and taste, adjusting if necessary.
3. Before serving, toss in the arugula and top with optional nuts and crumbled goat cheese.