The holidays are a time to enjoy some of our favorite foods with our loved ones. With a table full of
sweets, it can be hard to eat healthily. So, we found this healthier pecan pie recipe alternative for you
to enjoy a refined sugar-free pie option this holiday season.
PECAN PIE RECIPE
Recipe and photo from asweetpeachef.com
• 1/2 cup raw honey
• 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
• 3 eggs
• 1/2 tsp fresh orange zest
• 1/8 tsp sea salt
• 1 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
• 1 tsp ground cinnamon
• 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
• 3 tbsp whole wheat pastry flour
• 2 cups raw pecans
• 1 bottom pie crust
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, combine raw honey, coconut oil, eggs, fresh orange zest, sea salt, unsweetened almond milk, ground cinnamon, pure vanilla extract, and whole wheat pastry flour.
3. Place the raw pecans into the prepared 9-inch pie crust.
4. Pour the liquid filling mixture over the pecans, spreading some with a spoon if necessary.
5. Place into the oven and bake for 10 minutes at 400 degrees.
6. After 10 minutes, lower the temperature to 350 degrees and bake for 20-25 minutes.
7. Once the pie starts to rise, it is a sign that it’s almost ready. When it’s done, there will be small cracks in the top and it will not be giggly.
8.Take out of the oven, let cool, preferably, overnight.